SISER was set up to enhance solar technology collaboration within Scotland and between Scotland and the wider global community. SISER's multi-faceted membership includes, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, physicists, chemists and architectural engineers and has expertise across a wide range of solar energy research areas: Concentrating PV, Excitonic, Next Generation, Solar Powered Systems, Solar Thermal and Thin Film.
SISER is available to provide expertise and facilities to support up-and-coming R&D and future commercialisation in the field.
SISER's expertise and facilities cover the following areas:
- Modelling and Data Analysis
- Cell and Module Fabrication
- Optical Characterisation
- Electronic Materials Characterisation
- Solar Cell Characterisation
- Testing (environmental test chambers and outdoor test site)